Founded by Eric Kelly in 1999, EK Masonry, Inc. provides masonry construction services including new construction, restoration, and repair for residential and commercial clients in Jacksonville, Northeast Florida, and Southeast Georgia. With more than 60 years of combined experience, our brick and stone masons will provide the highest quality masonry construction service quality for any material, including brick, stone, cast stone, cultured stone and associated veneers, concrete, and pavers. If you are considering using masonry construction for any of your indoor or outdoor needs, join our long list of happy customers and call EK Masonry, Inc., for an estimate, bid, or project review.
Benefits of Masonry Construction
Building with masonry — whether it be brick, block, or stone — has always been the choice for enduring, natural beauty. Masonry is ideal for residences because of its strength and durability. Masonry construction offers a number of benefits for the homeowner, including protection, low-maintenance living, savings, and value.
- Fire Resistant – Masonry uses noncombustible materials.
- Weather Resistant – Exterior walls hold up to heavy storms, UV degradation, humidity, and heat.
- Termite Resistant – No wood to eat!
- Protection from Rotting, Mold, and Fungus – Because it’s nearly airtight, masonry construction means less fungus and mildew buildup and therefore fewer allergies for the home’s occupants.
- Superior Sound Proofing
- Virtually Maintenance Free – Masonry requires very little upkeep.
- Lower Utility Bills – Concrete block stays warmer in winter and cooler in summer.
- Lower Insurance Premiums – Homeowners can receive up to 15% discounts on brick, block, and stone homes.
- Environmentally Friendly – Masonry does not deplete natural resources like timber.
- Increased Resale Appeal – Masonry-constructed homes offer a greater resale value.
To learn more about masonry, stone, brick, block and related materials, methods, and best practices used by EK Masonry, please visit these sites for more information:
Masonry Construction Reference List
American Architectural Manufacturers Association (AAMA)
1827 Walden Office Square (#104), Schaumburg, Illinois 60173 | (847) 303-5664 | www.aamanet.org
American Institute of Architects (AIA)
1735 New York Avenue, NW, Washington, D.C. 20006-5292 | (202) 626-7300 | www.aia.org
American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
11 West 42nd Street, New York, New York 10036 | (212) 642-4900 | www.ansi.org
American Society for Testing & Materials (ASTM)
100 Bar Harbor Drive, West Conshohocken, Pennsylvania 19428 | (610) 832-9500 | www.astm.org
American Welding Society
550 N.W. LeJeune Road, Miami, Florida 3312 | (305) 443-9353? | www.aws.org
Building Stone Institute
551 Tollgate Suite C, Elgin, Illinois 60123 | (847)-695-0170 | www.buildingstoneinstitute.org
Construction Specifications Institute (CSI)
99 Canal Center Plaza #300, Alexandria, Virginia 22314-1791 | (703) 684-0300 | www.csinet.org
National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
100 Bureau Drive, Gaithersburg, Maryland 20899 | (301) 975-2000 | www.nist.gov